translucid

Lucas Gonzalez Santa Cruz
Hi, VOers (=doers, thinkers, and more):

Based on memes.net by Stephen Danic, and expanded with the ideas of
Bjoern Schliebitz and Ton Haarmans, by Emad and Andrius Kulikauskas of
the Minciu Sodas Laboratory http://www.ms.lt --- here comes transLucid:
http://www.pantha.net/index.php?request=displaypage&NodeID=385

I don't know how I would use it but it sure looks cool.  If outlines are
a subset of more heavily linked "thought-networks" then there might be
at least a one way converter.

Lucas

Re: translucid

Steve Litt
On Friday 03 June 2005 04:09 am, Lucas Gonzalez Santa Cruz wrote:

> Hi, VOers (=doers, thinkers, and more):
>
> Based on memes.net by Stephen Danic, and expanded with the ideas of
> Bjoern Schliebitz and Ton Haarmans, by Emad and Andrius Kulikauskas of
> the Minciu Sodas Laboratory http://www.ms.lt --- here comes transLucid:
> http://www.pantha.net/index.php?request=displaypage&NodeID=385
>
> I don't know how I would use it but it sure looks cool.  If outlines are
> a subset of more heavily linked "thought-networks" then there might be
> at least a one way converter.
>
> Lucas

Hi Lucas,

I'm busy for the next 2-3 weeks, but if you haven't found a converter by that
time I'll be glad to make you a converter, always assuming you can provide me
with the Translucid file format specification and a couple example files.

I use one way outline to other converters all the time. I have otl2lyx, where
my outline becomes the heading structure for a book. I use (my version of)
htmlslides, where the outline becomes an htmlslides source file, which I then
edit with Mozilla Composer and Vim to create a slideshow.

Obviously, 2 way converters are better than 1 way, but when a tool is as fast
to use as VO, 1 way is certainly better than 0 way.

So if you don't have something in 2-3 weeks, check back with me.

SteveT

Steve Litt
Founder and acting president: GoLUG
http://www.golug.org

Re: translucid

Stefan Schmiedl
Lucas Gonzalez Santa Cruz (03.06. 09:09):

> Hi, VOers (=doers, thinkers, and more):
>
> Based on memes.net by Stephen Danic, and expanded with the ideas of
> Bjoern Schliebitz and Ton Haarmans, by Emad and Andrius Kulikauskas of
> the Minciu Sodas Laboratory http://www.ms.lt --- here comes transLucid:
> http://www.pantha.net/index.php?request=displaypage&NodeID=385
>
> I don't know how I would use it but it sure looks cool.  If outlines are
> a subset of more heavily linked "thought-networks" then there might be
> at least a one way converter.

I'm seeing a wiki with different layouts. What am I missing?

s.

--
Stefan Schmiedl

Re: translucid

David J Patrick
Stefan Schmiedl wrote:

>Lucas Gonzalez Santa Cruz (03.06. 09:09):
>

>>I don't know how I would use it but it sure looks cool.  If outlines are
>>a subset of more heavily linked "thought-networks" then there might be
>>at least a one way converter.
>>

>I'm seeing a wiki with different layouts. What am I missing?

Whatever it is, I'm missing it, too..
djp