transparent background

William Pursell
I generally set ctermbg=black for folded regions.
Today, I changed my default konsole setting to use
a transparent background (instead of black), and
now my folded regions look odd.  Is there a way
to get the transparent effect?  I suspect there
is not, (at least not without using gvim), but
I'm hoping that I'm wrong.

Re: transparent background

Chris Allen
On 10/01/06, bill <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I generally set ctermbg=black for folded regions.
> Today, I changed my default konsole setting to use
> a transparent background (instead of black), and
> now my folded regions look odd.  Is there a way
> to get the transparent effect?  I suspect there
> is not, (at least not without using gvim), but
> I'm hoping that I'm wrong.

There is.  Rather than setting colours explicitly to match you
background (such as "ctermbg=black" when you use black) set them to
"none" ("ctermbg=none").  That will use the default background colour
of your terminal by eliminating colour codes completely.

HTH,
Chris Allen