u_int not defined in nbdebug.h of vim 6.3 src

u_int not defined in nbdebug.h of vim 6.3 src

adah
I found this when building a debug version of Vim 6.3.078 with

  nmake -f Make_mvc.mak GUI=yes OLE=yes IME=yes GIME=yes MBYTE=yes
DEBUG=yes

Adding a `typedef unsigned int u_int;' works for me, but I think there
should be better ways.

Best regards,

Yongwei

Re: u_int not defined in nbdebug.h of vim 6.3 src

Bram Moolenaar

Yongwei wrote:

> I found this when building a debug version of Vim 6.3.078 with
>
>   nmake -f Make_mvc.mak GUI=yes OLE=yes IME=yes GIME=yes MBYTE=yes
> DEBUG=yes
>
> Adding a `typedef unsigned int u_int;' works for me, but I think there
> should be better ways.

Disable the NBDEBUG code.  I don't know how it got enabled, it's not
useful for Vim debugging.

196. Your computer costs more than your car.

Re: u_int not defined in nbdebug.h of vim 6.3 src

adah
Make_mvc.mak:197:

!if "$(DEBUG)" == "yes"
NBDEBUG_DEFS    = -DNBDEBUG
NBDEBUG_INCL    = nbdebug.h
NBDEBUG_SRC     = nbdebug.c
!endif

Maybe this should be patched?

Bram Moolenaar <[hidden email]>
发件人: [hidden email]
2005-07-01 17:41

        To:     [hidden email]
        CC:     [hidden email]
        Subject:        Re: u_int not defined in nbdebug.h of vim 6.3 src

Yongwei wrote:

> I found this when building a debug version of Vim 6.3.078 with
>
>   nmake -f Make_mvc.mak GUI=yes OLE=yes IME=yes GIME=yes MBYTE=yes
> DEBUG=yes
>
> Adding a `typedef unsigned int u_int;' works for me, but I think there
> should be better ways.

Disable the NBDEBUG code.  I don't know how it got enabled, it's not
useful for Vim debugging.

196. Your computer costs more than your car.

Re: u_int not defined in nbdebug.h of vim 6.3 src

Bram Moolenaar

> Make_mvc.mak:197:
>
> !if "$(DEBUG)" == "yes"
> NBDEBUG_DEFS    = -DNBDEBUG
> NBDEBUG_INCL    = nbdebug.h
> NBDEBUG_SRC     = nbdebug.c
> !endif
>
> Maybe this should be patched?

I already changed that for Vim 7:

!if "$(NBDEBUG)" == "yes"
NBDEBUG_DEFS = -DNBDEBUG
NBDEBUG_INCL = nbdebug.h
NBDEBUG_SRC = nbdebug.c
!endif

201. When somebody asks you where you are, you tell them in which chat room.