upuntil and fromuntil scripts

Steve Litt
Hi all,

I had a need to clip a consecutive span of lines from an outline, so I wrote
the fromuntil and upuntil utilities to do it. These are way too short to
license, so I threw them in the public domain.

Each can identify a line using a regex stated on the command line. However,
the regex must be enclosed in quotes, and must NOT contain the beginning and
trailing forward slashes.

Once consecutive lines have been clipped, the results can be filtered through
a command to show only certain levels.

SteveT

Steve Litt
Recession Relief Package
http://www.recession-relief.US

Re: upuntil and fromuntil scripts

Steve Litt
I guess it would help if I attached the scripts :-)

On Sunday 22 June 2008 16:06, Steve Litt wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I had a need to clip a consecutive span of lines from an outline, so I
> wrote the fromuntil and upuntil utilities to do it. These are way too short
> to license, so I threw them in the public domain.
>
> Each can identify a line using a regex stated on the command line. However,
> the regex must be enclosed in quotes, and must NOT contain the beginning
> and trailing forward slashes.
>
> Once consecutive lines have been clipped, the results can be filtered
> through a command to show only certain levels.
>
> SteveT

Steve Litt
Recession Relief Package
http://www.recession-relief.US

upuntil.awk (446 bytes) Download Attachment
fromuntil.awk (664 bytes) Download Attachment