vi -x compatibility?

mikee-2
I'm thinking about storing passwords, accounts, and such
in an encrypted file using 'vi -x'. If I start this on
my linux box, is there a compatibility issue moving the
file to an aix box at work and decrypting it?

Mike

Re: vi -x compatibility?

A.J.Mechelynck
Mike wrote:
> I'm thinking about storing passwords, accounts, and such
> in an encrypted file using 'vi -x'. If I start this on
> my linux box, is there a compatibility issue moving the
> file to an aix box at work and decrypting it?
>
> Mike

IIUC, there oughtn't to be any problems provided that you use the same
encoding and the same cryptographic key. (I don't know enough details to
be sure that you could transfer a crypted file between an ASCII computer
and an EBCDIC one but I guess that's not what you're trying to do.)