vim 8.1 on windows

Robert Solomon
win 10 amd64
I d/l and installed gvim81.exe.

Neither vim nor gvim recognize F11 or F12.  This was not true in version 8.0.

Is this a known issue?

--rob

Re: vim 8.1 on windows

Christian Brabandt

On Fr, 20 Jul 2018, Robert Solomon wrote:

> win 10 amd64
> I d/l and installed gvim81.exe.
>
> Neither vim nor gvim recognize F11 or F12.  This was not true in version 8.0.
>
> Is this a known issue?

Did you try with `gvim --clean`?

Best,
Christian
--
Fällt Juliregen in den Roggen, bleibt der Weizen auch nicht trocken.

Re: vim 8.1 on windows

rob-2
No difference

--
  rob
  [hidden email]

On Fri, Jul 20, 2018, at 4:54 AM, Christian Brabandt wrote:

> On Fr, 20 Jul 2018, Robert Solomon wrote:
>
> > win 10 amd64
> > I d/l and installed gvim81.exe.
> >
> > Neither vim nor gvim recognize F11 or F12.  This was not true in version 8.0.
> >
> > Is this a known issue?
>
> Did you try with `gvim --clean`?
>
> Best,
> Christian
> --
> Fällt Juliregen in den Roggen, bleibt der Weizen auch nicht trocken.

> ---
> an email to [hidden email].

Re: vim 8.1 on windows

Christian Brabandt

On Fr, 20 Jul 2018, rob wrote:
> No difference

What exactly did you try? Please do not send me private copies.

Best,
Christian

Re: vim 8.1 on windows

rob-2
Vim --clean <file>

It is working when I type
Gvim <file>  with or without --clean

Main issue is with vim
--
  rob
  [hidden email]

On Fri, Jul 20, 2018, at 5:55 AM, Christian Brabandt wrote:

> On Fr, 20 Jul 2018, rob wrote:
> > No difference
>
> What exactly did you try? Please do not send me private copies.
>
> Best,
> Christian

> ---
> an email to [hidden email].

Re: vim 8.1 on windows

JohnBeckett
On Friday, July 20, 2018 at 11:29:59 PM UTC+10, rob wrote:
> Main issue is with vim

What is it that tells you something is not working?
The question was "What exactly did you try?".

John

Re: vim 8.1 on windows

Christian Brabandt

On Fr, 20 Jul 2018, JohnBeckett wrote:

> On Friday, July 20, 2018 at 11:29:59 PM UTC+10, rob wrote:
> > Main issue is with vim
>
> What is it that tells you something is not working?
> The question was "What exactly did you try?".

There is something funny going on definitely. I tried in a cmd window.
Running Vim --clean typing i to enter insert mode and pressing
<f9> <f10> <f11> and <f12>

This resulted in this:
<F9><F10>΅Ά

Not sure what is actually going. My codepage is cp850 and encoding is "latin1"

I briefly played around with the 'termencoding' setting and compared the
output of :set t_k; for the f10 key with :set t_F1 and t_F2 for <f11>
and <f12>. They are set, but I don't know if they are set correctly and
even when reseting e.g. t_k9=empty for <f9> it will still be detected
correctly by Vim which leads me to believe that the terminal-key-codes
are not actually used by vim. Also `:set <f11>=<c-v><f11>` did not work.
So there might be a problem here.

This was with Vim 8.0.1451 perhaps I need to update it and test again.

Best,
Christian
--
Gewissen ist die innere Stimme, die uns warnt, daß jemand zuschauen
könnte.

Re: vim 8.1 on windows

rob-2
The version of vim that is working fine for me, from the :version
command, is

8.0 (2016 Sep 12, compiled Sep 12 2016 18:17:48)

Included patches 1-2

compiled by mool@tororo

huge version without GUI

I am also getting those funny characters inserted when I hit F11 or F12
in vim 8.1

--rob