vim for Palm?

Marc Abramowitz
Has anyone ever managed to build vim or a subset of vim features for
Palm OS?

I'd love to have some of the vim searching and text completion features
for my Treo 650. Before I invested time in downloading a Palm
development environment (I am a software guy but have never developed
for Palm before) and trying to hack the vim code, I thought I'd see if
anyone had many any progress in this area.

-Marc

Re: vim for Palm?

Steve Felt
On Tue, 2005-06-14 at 15:52, Marc Abramowitz wrote:

> Has anyone ever managed to build vim or a subset of vim features for
> Palm OS?
>
> I'd love to have some of the vim searching and text completion features
> for my Treo 650. Before I invested time in downloading a Palm
> development environment (I am a software guy but have never developed
> for Palm before) and trying to hack the vim code, I thought I'd see if
> anyone had many any progress in this area.
>
> -Marc

Mmmm... This would be **cool**

-steve

Re: vim for Palm?

Mikołaj Machowski
Dnia wtorek 14 czerwiec 2005 23:52, Marc Abramowitz napisa?:
> Has anyone ever managed to build vim or a subset of vim features for
> Palm OS?
>
> I'd love to have some of the vim searching and text completion features
> for my Treo 650. Before I invested time in downloading a Palm
> development environment (I am a software guy but have never developed
> for Palm before) and trying to hack the vim code, I thought I'd see if
> anyone had many any progress in this area.

Never heard about any successful attempts. In fact even not about
unsuccessful. Some time ago here or on vim-dev was thread about
obstacles of porting Vim to PalmOS.

m.

Vim-list(s) Users Map: (last change 15 May)
 http://skawina.eu.org/mikolaj/vimlist
CLEWN - http://clewn.sf.net

Re: vim for Palm?

Raimon Grau
On 6/15/05, Mikolaj Machowski <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dnia wtorek 14 czerwiec 2005 23:52, Marc Abramowitz napisał:
> > Has anyone ever managed to build vim or a subset of vim features for
> > Palm OS?
> >
> > I'd love to have some of the vim searching and text completion features
> > for my Treo 650. Before I invested time in downloading a Palm
> > development environment (I am a software guy but have never developed
> > for Palm before) and trying to hack the vim code, I thought I'd see if
> > anyone had many any progress in this area.
> >
> Never heard about any successful attempts. In fact even not about
> unsuccessful. Some time ago here or on vim-dev was thread about
> obstacles of porting Vim to PalmOS.
>
> m.
>
> --
> LaTeX + Vim = http://vim-latex.sourceforge.net/
> Vim-list(s) Users Map: (last change 15 May)
>  http://skawina.eu.org/mikolaj/vimlist
> CLEWN - http://clewn.sf.net

Googling for that, I saw some links that ended with
http://www.rainer-keuchel.de/wince/vim.html
It claims to be a port of vim 6.0 for palms....
I have not tested it (no palm, no testing;) but
:h quotes has some lines about someone using vim on a palm

Re: vim for Palm?

Thomas-4-2
> http://www.rainer-keuchel.de/wince/vim.html

This one is a port to Microsoft Win CE/ce.net/PocketPC. I think the
original query was about PalmOS. There are some editors for Palm OS but
AFAIK they are all rather limited -- also due to restrictions in
previous version of the OS I think. A free (GPL, I think) editor for
PalmOS is SiEd.

Cheers,
Thomas.