vim fugitive: row highlighting

Fabien Meghazi-2
Hi all,

When using vim fugitive's :Gblame, I'd like to have the current line highlighted in both GBlame and file buffer windows. I'm not very confident with vimscript so I don't know if that's possible.

Anyone ?

Re: vim fugitive: row highlighting

Benjamin Fritz
On Wednesday, October 15, 2014 9:21:22 AM UTC-5, Fabien Meghazi wrote:
> Hi all,
>

> When using vim fugitive's :Gblame, I'd like to have the current line highlighted in both GBlame and file buffer windows. I'm not very confident with vimscript so I don't know if that's possible.

Are you just looking for "set cursorline"?

On Wed, Oct 15, 2014 at 4:25 PM, Ben Fritz <[hidden email]> wrote:
Are you just looking for "set cursorline"?

Yes but activated in both the GBlame window and the file buffer's window with synchronisation between both (so when going one line down on one window, the cursorline goes down too on file buffer)

My problem is that when having far indented lines on the file buffer and/or a GBlame window too large because of an authors name too long, I can't see what line correspond to which commit, I always visually shift. A cursorline on both windows would be easier on the eye.

On Wednesday, October 15, 2014 10:01:15 AM UTC-5, Fabien Meghazi wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 15, 2014 at 4:25 PM, Ben Fritz <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Are you just looking for "set cursorline"?
>

> Yes but activated in both the GBlame window and the file buffer's window with synchronisation between both (so when going one line down on one window, the cursorline goes down too on file buffer)
>

> My problem is that when having far indented lines on the file buffer and/or a GBlame window too large because of an authors name too long, I can't see what line correspond to which commit, I always visually shift. A cursorline on both windows would be easier on the eye.

You can get pretty close by setting cursorline, cursorbind, and scrollbind on each window.

But I'm not sure how to get them to sync as you move around. Manually switching back and forth between the windows does it, but doing the same thing in an autocmd doesn't make a difference that I can see.

Re: vim fugitive: row highlighting

Fabien Meghazi-2
Better than nothing.

Thanks a lot !

On Wed, Oct 15, 2014 at 10:10 PM, Ben Fritz <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Wednesday, October 15, 2014 10:01:15 AM UTC-5, Fabien Meghazi wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 15, 2014 at 4:25 PM, Ben Fritz <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Are you just looking for "set cursorline"?
>

> Yes but activated in both the GBlame window and the file buffer's window with synchronisation between both (so when going one line down on one window, the cursorline goes down too on file buffer)
>

> My problem is that when having far indented lines on the file buffer and/or a GBlame window too large because of an authors name too long, I can't see what line correspond to which commit, I always visually shift. A cursorline on both windows would be easier on the eye.

You can get pretty close by setting cursorline, cursorbind, and scrollbind on each window.

But I'm not sure how to get them to sync as you move around. Manually switching back and forth between the windows does it, but doing the same thing in an autocmd doesn't make a difference that I can see.

Re: vim fugitive: row highlighting

Fabien Meghazi-2
On Mon, Oct 20, 2014 at 10:19 AM, Fabien Meghazi <[hidden email]> wrote:
Better than nothing.

Thanks a lot !

Sorry for the top post