vim help to html convertion

Eugene M. Minkovskii
Hello vimmers.

Have anybody converter fromvim help files to html, which can
prodused hypertext documentation like following:
http://vimdoc.sourceforge.net/htmldoc/usr_toc.html

I can write converter in python, but perhaps this work allready
done by other people.

Thanks

Sensory  yours, Eugene  Minkovskii
???????? ???,   ??????? ???????????

Re: vim help to html convertion

Eugene M. Minkovskii
On Thu, May 26, 2005 at 11:47:35AM -0500, Aaron Griffin wrote:
" :TOhtml
" On 5/26/05, Eugene M. Minkovskii <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello vimmers.
>
> Have anybody converter fromvim help files to html, which can
> prodused hypertext documentation like following:
> http://vimdoc.sourceforge.net/htmldoc/usr_toc.html
>
> I can write converter in python, but perhaps this work allready
> done by other people.
>
> Thanks

No, this is not what I want: TOhtml command made colored html,
but not a hypertext. I want tags like <a href="some.txt#sometag">
where some tag must be protected like &lt; enstead < etc.

Sensory  yours, Eugene  Minkovskii
???????? ???,   ??????? ???????????

Re: vim help to html convertion

Luc Hermitte
Hello.

* On Thu, May 26, 2005 at 08:38:17PM +0400, Eugene M. Minkovskii <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Have anybody converter fromvim help files to html, which can
> prodused hypertext documentation like following:
> http://vimdoc.sourceforge.net/htmldoc/usr_toc.html
>
> I can write converter in python, but perhaps this work allready
> done by other people.

I use a non-official variation of the scripts used to generated those
pages.
It is available as a Perl script and a Perl module (which tries to
autodetect where vim is installed) at:
    http://hermitte.free.fr/vim/ressources/tools/

It has been used to generate the HTML version of my vim scripts, of the
documentation of my vim plugins, and even my Mutt configuration files.

The results can be checked on my web site:
-> http://hermitte.free.fr/vim/ressources/vimfiles/plugin/ *.html
-> http://hermitte.free.fr/vim/ressources/vimfiles/doc/ *.html
-> http://hermitte.free.fr/mutt/files/mailrc/ muttrc.html
-> ....

HTH,

Luc Hermitte
http://hermitte.free.fr/vim/

Re: vim help to html convertion

Eugene M. Minkovskii
On Thu, May 26, 2005 at 07:54:54PM +0200, Luc Hermitte wrote:
" Hello.
"
" * On Thu, May 26, 2005 at 08:38:17PM +0400, Eugene M. Minkovskii <[hidden email]> wrote:
" > Have anybody converter fromvim help files to html, which can
" > prodused hypertext documentation like following:
" > http://vimdoc.sourceforge.net/htmldoc/usr_toc.html
" >
" > I can write converter in python, but perhaps this work allready
" > done by other people.
"
" I use a non-official variation of the scripts used to generated those
" pages.
" It is available as a Perl script and a Perl module (which tries to
" autodetect where vim is installed) at:
"     http://hermitte.free.fr/vim/ressources/tools/
"
" It has been used to generate the HTML version of my vim scripts, of the
" documentation of my vim plugins, and even my Mutt configuration files.
"
" The results can be checked on my web site:
" -> http://hermitte.free.fr/vim/ressources/vimfiles/plugin/ *.html
" -> http://hermitte.free.fr/vim/ressources/vimfiles/doc/ *.html
" -> http://hermitte.free.fr/mutt/files/mailrc/ muttrc.html
" -> ....
"
" HTH,

Thank you Luc. I was tying to run your script under my FreeBSD
mashine, but your script need to some tuning. First of all,
VimDetect.pm module don't know about FreeBSD system, but know
only about windows, cygwin and linux. So I change line 377 from

elsif ($^O =~ /linux/ && vim_bin=='vim') {

elsif ($^O =~ /linux|bsd/ && vim_bin=='vim') {

After that your script die in line 310 of vim2html3.pl because he
can't see file rgb.txt at /usr/local/share/vim/vim63.

If you need my bugreporting, I can wrote you more, but I don't
know perl wery well, and can't fix most of problems by myself. I
can only report it to you. Because My language is python :)

Moreover. I think that idea html generating of installed vim
helps not very usefull. I think more usefull is to made html from
help file located in some abstract directory. For example: I'm a
russian user, I don't need to install russian help for some
reason. But I need to generate html from not installed russian
help files. Undestand me?