vim.org scripts section unavailable? (MySQL server down)

vim.org scripts section unavailable? (MySQL server down)

Peter Odding-3
Hi all. Today I started adapting one of my Vim plug-ins to support
auto-update using the getscript plug-in. I was just about ready to start
testing and then the vim.org MySQL server went down and since then I'm
unable to browse the scripts section or download scripts (using a web
browser). The following error message appears instead:

Query attempt failed: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket
'/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)

Ironic that this should happen while I was wondering about vim.org being
a central point of failure as the back-end for the getscript plug-in :-\

Does anyone know when the service might be available again?

Thanks,

  - Peter Odding

Re: vim.org scripts section unavailable? (MySQL server down)

James Vega-3
On Thu, Jun 3, 2010 at 3:33 PM, Peter Odding <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all. Today I started adapting one of my Vim plug-ins to support
> auto-update using the getscript plug-in. I was just about ready to start
> testing and then the vim.org MySQL server went down and since then I'm
> unable to browse the scripts section or download scripts (using a web
> browser). The following error message appears instead:
>
> Query attempt failed: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket
> '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)
>
> Ironic that this should happen while I was wondering about vim.org being a
> central point of failure as the back-end for the getscript plug-in :-\
>
> Does anyone know when the service might be available again?

According to SourceForge's maintenance blog[0], it should be available
as of 21:00 UTC.

[0]: http://sourceforge.net/apps/wordpress/sourceforge/2010/06/02/project-database-maintenance-2010-06-02/

--
James
GPG Key: 1024D/61326D40 2003-09-02 James Vega <[hidden email]>