vim planner?

Aaron Mehl-2
Is there a vim script that mimics the emacs planner mode?

If not how would I make one.

The idea is to use a wiki and predefined terms to make tasks important,
urgent etc.

and to link notes to each task.
also color code them.

Thanks
Aaron

Re: vim planner?

Thomas-4-2
Aaron wrote:
> Is there a vim script that mimics the emacs planner mode?

I don't know in how far emacs planner mode differs from emacs-wiki mode.
But viki started off as a emacs-wiki look-alike (basically, I wanted to
edit my emacs-wiki pages with vim). There are at least two outline modes
for vim that could be of help here too. And maybe VST? (Haven't tried it
though.) I think these come closest to emacs-wiki mode at least. (Search
vim.sf.net for these plugins.)

regards,
Thomas.

Re: vim planner?

Dominic Evans
There's a couple of wiki plugins, but nothing like planner.el sadly.
One of the few things that sometimes makes me jealous of emacs users
:)

I keep a manually written version in ~/.plan though.

On an unrelated note to the original topic, it would be good if Vim
had a 'strikethrough' attribute for syntax highlighting that could be
used for completed tasks in the same way emacs planner mode uses it

Regards,
Dom

On 26/10/05, Aaron <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Is there a vim script that mimics the emacs planner mode?
>
> If not how would I make one.
>
> The idea is to use a wiki and predefined terms to make tasks important,
> urgent etc.
>
> and to link notes to each task.
> also color code them.
>
> Thanks
> Aaron

Re: vim planner?

Aaron Mehl-2
Emacs planner keeps track of common tasks, it permits you to mark tasks
and move tasks.

It has a calendar as well.

I installed viki and have the outliner already installed, but planner it
is not.

On Wed, 2005-10-26 at 10:14 +0200, Thomas wrote:
> Aaron wrote:
> > Is there a vim script that mimics the emacs planner mode?
>
> I don't know in how far emacs planner mode differs from emacs-wiki mode.
A significant amount.
I will use viki for non date planing...
but sure wish there was a vim-planner

Aaron
> But viki started off as a emacs-wiki look-alike (basically, I wanted to
> edit my emacs-wiki pages with vim). There are at least two outline modes
> for vim that could be of help here too. And maybe VST? (Haven't tried it
> though.) I think these come closest to emacs-wiki mode at least. (Search
> vim.sf.net for these plugins.)
>
> regards,
> Thomas.

Re: vim planner?

Aaron Mehl-2
On Wed, 2005-10-26 at 10:14 +0200, Thomas wrote:
> Aaron wrote:
> > Is there a vim script that mimics the emacs planner mode?
>
> I don't know in how far emacs planner mode differs from emacs-wiki mode.
> But viki started off as a emacs-wiki look-alike (basically,

I can't get WikiWords to create a new page for me or.

I get the following error:

Error detected while processing the following function
VikiMaybeFollowLink <SNR>14_VikiFollow_Link Viki_Open_Link
line 50
E37; No write since last change (add ! to override)

is this a permissions issue?

Thanks
aaron
> I wanted to
> edit my emacs-wiki pages with vim). There are at least two outline modes
> for vim that could be of help here too. And maybe VST? (Haven't tried it
> though.) I think these come closest to emacs-wiki mode at least. (Search
> vim.sf.net for these plugins.)
>
> regards,
> Thomas.

Re: vim planner?

Marian Csontos
Hi Aaron,

have a look to vimoutliner, it has feature similar to what you want.
here is a screenshot:
http://www.vimoutliner.org/index.php?module=htmlpages&func=display&pid=7

Regards,

-- Marian

On Wed, 26 Oct 2005 09:58:12 +0200, Aaron <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Is there a vim script that mimics the emacs planner mode?
>
> If not how would I make one.
>
> The idea is to use a wiki and predefined terms to make tasks important,
> urgent etc.
>
> and to link notes to each task.
> also color code them.
>
> Thanks
> Aaron

________ Information from NOD32 ________
http://www.nod32.com

Re: vim planner?

Thomas-4-2
> I can't get WikiWords to create a new page for me or.
>
> I get the following error:
>
> Error detected while processing the following function
> VikiMaybeFollowLink <SNR>14_VikiFollow_Link Viki_Open_Link
> line 50
> E37; No write since last change (add ! to override)

This one is new.

> is this a permissions issue?

line 50 is at the edit command. According to the manual this error means:

>   No write since last change (use ! to override)
>   No write since last change for buffer {N} (use ! to override)
>
> You are trying to |abandon| a file that has changes.  Vim protects you from
> losing your work.

This is odd and I can't verify it. Could you please send me (maybe
privately) the version number of vim, viki + the output of :set and
:version?

Regards,
Thomas.

Re: vim planner?

Thomas-4-2
> I can't get WikiWords to create a new page for me or.
>
> I get the following error:
>
> Error detected while processing the following function
> VikiMaybeFollowLink <SNR>14_VikiFollow_Link Viki_Open_Link
> line 50
> E37; No write since last change (add ! to override)

This one is new.

> is this a permissions issue?

line 50 is at the edit command. According to the manual this error means:

>   No write since last change (use ! to override)
>   No write since last change for buffer {N} (use ! to override)
>
> You are trying to |abandon| a file that has changes.  Vim protects you from
> losing your work.

This is odd and I can't verify it. Could you please send me (maybe
privately) the version number of vim, viki + the output of :set and
:version?

Regards,
Thomas.

Re: vim planner?

Mikołaj Machowski
Dnia ?roda, 26 pa?dziernika 2005 10:14, Thomas napisa?:
> Aaron wrote:
> > Is there a vim script that mimics the emacs planner mode?
>
> I don't know in how far emacs planner mode differs from emacs-wiki mode.
> But viki started off as a emacs-wiki look-alike (basically, I wanted to
> edit my emacs-wiki pages with vim). There are at least two outline modes
> for vim that could be of help here too. And maybe VST? (Haven't tried it
> though.) I think these come closest to emacs-wiki mode at least. (Search
> vim.sf.net for these plugins.)

VST has quasi-outlining due to nice folding and could be used to export
contents in good HTML/TeX but it lacks planning capabilities.  Also
there is no support for moving between links and anchors.

With small redesign of architecture and moving to autoload directory VST
could be much easier to use by other scripts (it is too heavy to use as
plugin - 176k and counting...). Maybe in version after the nearest
release.

m.

Re: vim planner?

Thomas-4-2

>I get the following error:
>
>Error detected while processing the following function
>VikiMaybeFollowLink <SNR>14_VikiFollow_Link Viki_Open_Link
>line 50
>E37; No write since last change (add ! to override)
>
>is this a permissions issue?

Okay, I found out what it is. You have to set the hidden option:

    :set hidden

I will fix this as soon as possible.

Cheers,
Thomas.

Re: vim planner?

Srinivas Rao. M
Found this script in the archive. But could it be extended to put our
schedules/plans in this ?

Srini...

--
website: http://www.geocities.com/saksblr
RESPONSIBILITY starts with the willingness to experience yourself as

Re: vim planner?

Noel Henson
On Monday 31 October 2005 12:46 am, you wrote:
> Found this script in the archive. But could it be extended to put our
> schedules/plans in this ?
>
> Srini...

I know it's been mentioned before, but I have just finished a nice hook
between calendar.vim and Vim Outliner Calendar (a outline form calendar
add-on to Vim Outliner).

Let me know if that's up your alley. There's a screenshot here:
www.vimoutliner.org/files/vocalshot.png

Noel

  Noel Henson