vim readonly, scrolloff=5

lothar atheling
when i run "view", i always have,
  scrolloff=5
i have put
:set scrolloff=0

in my $HOME/.vimrc

my questions are:

1) why is my .vimrc file being overridden?
2) where is scrolloff being set?

$ vi --version
VIM - Vi IMproved 8.0 (2016 Sep 12, compiled Feb 15 2017 20:44:18)
Included patches: 1-329
Modified by <[hidden email]>
Compiled by <[hidden email]>

--
http://www.fastmail.com - Access your email from home and the web

Re: vim readonly, scrolloff=5

Gary Johnson-4
On 2017-06-21, lothar atheling wrote:

> when i run "view", i always have,
>   scrolloff=5
> i have put
> :set scrolloff=0
>
> in my $HOME/.vimrc
>
> my questions are:
>
> 1) why is my .vimrc file being overridden?
> 2) where is scrolloff being set?

    :verbose set scrolloff?

Regards,
Gary