vim seems to use perl options not in my perl

vim seems to use perl options not in my perl

L. A. Walsh
Seems like vim is requiring some specific versions/features
of perl?  Is it possible for it to read the version and only
use the features the installed perl has? (like -prototypes --
gets message of "rototypes" being a bad switch or similar)...

Makes it hard to build vim when one has to match it to some
specific version.

Thanks,
-linda

Re: vim seems to use perl options not in my perl

arocker
> Seems like vim is requiring some specific versions/features
> of perl?

Which features? What is happening?

Re: vim seems to use perl options not in my perl

Shawn H Corey

Perl's features: http://perldoc.perl.org/feature.html

--
Don't stop where the ink does.

        Shawn H Corey

[hidden email] wrote:
>> Seems like vim is requiring some specific versions/features
>> of perl?
>>
> Which features? What is happening?

During the initial build, vim passes the "-prototypes" flag to perl when
building it's XS module.  That fails with the message:
    "Unrecognized switch: -rototypes  (-h will show valid options)."