vim session plugin with MacVim Question

Russell Urquhart
Hi

I am using the vim-session plugin to manage my sessions under Macvim. I also use NerdTree, but as i understand, vim-sessions is compatible with this.

I have three tabs open, i use the :SaveSession command, then i exit MacVim. When i restart MacVim, i get the message that the session is already open by another task, and that i need to use the :OpenSession! default to get the previous session loaded.

I would have thought that when i exit and quit MacVim that would end things correctly. Is there any way to NOT get that message when i try and start or load my default session?

Thanks,

Russ

Re: vim session plugin with MacVim Question

Tim Gray
On Jan 01, 2017 at 02:17 PM -0600, Russell Urquhart wrote:
>I would have thought that when i exit and quit MacVim that would end
>things correctly. Is there any way to NOT get that message when i try
>and start or load my default session?

I don't use NerdTree, but I do use vim-session with MacVim.  I do not
experience what you are talking about.  I usually close my sessions with
the CloseSession, but I just tried quitting MacVim without closing the
session or even closing the buffers.  When I restarted and loaded the
session, I got no warnings.

This was not with a default session (I don't really use that
functionality) and the only setting I think I have set for vim-session
is:

let g:session_autosave = 'no'

Sorry I don't have a solution for you, but there is hope.  I'm using
MacVim 8.0 (119) installed through brew and updated MacVim's internal
mechanism.

Tim

On Sun, Jan 01, 2017 at 04:37:20PM -0500, Tim Gray wrote:
> I don't use NerdTree, but I do use vim-session with MacVim.  I do not
> experience what you are talking about.  I usually close my sessions with the
> CloseSession, but I just tried quitting MacVim without closing the session
> or even closing the buffers.  When I restarted and loaded the session, I got
> no warnings.

Thanks for trying that for me.

> Sorry I don't have a solution for you, but there is hope.  I'm using MacVim
> 8.0 (119) installed through brew and updated MacVim's internal mechanism.

I am using the 7.3 snapshot. I haven't really moved to later versions as everything pretty much works ok!

I guess i'll try and contact the plugin author.

Thanks again!

Russ