vim terminal and control c

Joseph Dornisch-2
Hello, is there a way to send a <CTLR-C> to a terminal in vim - a terminal opened with :term?

I've tried finding it in the docs, and maybe it's there somewhere, but I haven't been able to find it. By the way, I mostly use Windows - so if it just works great on most Unix based systems, I wouldn't know (and am jealous).

Re: vim terminal and control c

Christian Brabandt

On Mo, 09 Nov 2020, [hidden email] wrote:

> Hello, is there a way to send a <CTLR-C> to a terminal in vim - a terminal
> opened with :term?
>
> I've tried finding it in the docs, and maybe it's there somewhere, but I
> haven't been able to find it. By the way, I mostly use Windows - so if it just
> works great on most Unix based systems, I wouldn't know (and am jealous).

Doesn't that happen by default? I believe all keys should be forwarded
except for the 'termkey' one and some special Ctrl-\ ones (like
Ctrl-\ CTRL-N)

Please also have a look at :h terminal-typing it also explains a bit
about the CTRL-C case

Best,
Christian
--
Fehlermeldung auf dem Bildschirm, der User liest, stutzt, schaut fragend
um sich und: "Wer zum Kuckuck ist "General Failure" und was hat der auf

Re: vim terminal and control c

meine
On Mon, Nov 09, 2020 at 07:21:03AM -0800, [hidden email] wrote:
> Hello, is there a way to send a <CTLR-C> to a terminal in vim - a terminal
> opened with :term?

I just tried ':term' and you will get a regular terminal. Mine doesn't
accept GUI-ish commands, but that might depend on the terminal program
you use.

//meine

Re: vim terminal and control c

Dominique Pellé
[hidden email] <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello, is there a way to send a <CTLR-C> to a terminal in
> vim - a terminal opened with :term?
>
> I've tried finding it in the docs, and maybe it's there somewhere,
> but I haven't been able to find it. By the way, I mostly use
> Windows - so if it just works great on most Unix based
> systems, I wouldn't know (and am jealous).

It works for me on Linux x86_64.  Maybe this is
an issue specific to Windows?

I opened a terminal (running bash shell) and ran:

$ while true; do echo -n x; done

Pressing CTRL-C interrupts it immediately in the
when running in a xfce4-terminal.  In GVim GTK3
it sometimes takes a couple of seconds to interrupt
but it works.

Regards
Dominique