vim textile?

Juan Pablo Aqueveque
hi there.

Does somebody know how to incorporate textile to vim?.

Or, can somebody tell me how to write text in vim that is easily
transformed to HTML based on some code, example BB code?

TIA.

juan pablo aqueveque
www.juque.cl

Re: vim textile?

Alan G Isaac
On Wed, 25 May 2005, Juan Pablo Aqueveque apparently wrote:
>  can somebody tell me how to write text in vim that is easily
> transformed to HTML

http://docutils.sourceforge.net/rst.html

It's great.

There's also a related native Vim version.

Cheers,
Alan Isaac

Re: vim textile?

Juan Pablo Aqueveque wrote:
> hi there.
>
> Does somebody know how to incorporate textile to vim?.
>
> Or, can somebody tell me how to write text in vim that is easily
> transformed to HTML based on some code, example BB code?
>
> TIA.

You can write straight HTML using Vim: nothing is "transformed" to HTML
more easily.

You may want the *closetag.vim* script to help you close open tags
and/or the *htmlmap.vim* script to map accented letters to the
corresponding entities (e.g., to insert É when you hit ?, â
when you hit ?, Ü when you hit ?, ç when you hit ?, etc.).
Both of these scripts can be got at vim-online.

See also ":help convert-to-HTML" about how to convert to HTML a file
being edited in Vim while preserving the syntax colouring.

Re: vim textile?

Mikołaj Machowski
Dnia czwartek 26 maj 2005 00:09, Juan Pablo Aqueveque napisa?:
> hi there.
>
> Does somebody know how to incorporate textile to vim?.
>
> Or, can somebody tell me how to write text in vim that is easily
> transformed to HTML based on some code, example BB code?

Check my Vim Structured Text - (requires Vim7):

http://skawina.eu.org/mikolaj/vst.html
http://skawina.eu.org/mikolaj/vst.vim

m.

ps. Note: not everything will work perfectly with latest snapshot due to
slight changes to behaviour of split(). That is why this script is
oficially still in beta state.

m.
Vim-list(s) Users Map: (last change 15 May)
 http://skawina.eu.org/mikolaj/vimlist
CLEWN - http://clewn.sf.net

Re: vim textile?

Bruce Who
Juan:

        you can try http://txt2tags.sf.net and http://skawina.eu.org/mikolaj/vst.html , I have been using txt2tags for a long time, and it's a script written in Python and is really simple and useful for usual writing jobs. I have not used VST yet, it seems a plugin for vim.

======= 2005-05-26 06:09:37 Juan Pablo Aqueveque wrote: =======

>hi there.
>
>Does somebody know how to incorporate textile to vim?.
>
>Or, can somebody tell me how to write text in vim that is easily
>transformed to HTML based on some code, example BB code?
>
>TIA.
>
>--
>juan pablo aqueveque
>www.juque.cl
>.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

Best regards,

????????????????Bruce Who
????????????????????2005-05-26

Re: vim textile?

Thomas-4-2
> Or, can somebody tell me how to write text in vim that is easily
> transformed to HTML based on some code, example BB code?

You could also try using viki[1] + deplate[2] (a ruby based converter
with html, latex, docbook output). And yes, I'm advocating my own
projects here.

Cheers,
Thomas.

[1] http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=861