vim window misaligned with MacVim window in v8.1.235?

vim window misaligned with MacVim window in v8.1.235?

Doug Kelley
Hello--
I just updated to MacVim 8.1.235 and am having some trouble. The vim window seems to be misaligned with the MacVim window, that is, the white region where text appears is much smaller than the window, and when I move my cursor down past the bottom of the window, it becomes invisible but otherwise behaves as if it's still moving. Colon commands are also invisible. A screenshot is here:
www2.me.rochester.edu/projects/dhkelley-lab/MacVim.png

vim in Terminal works fine. Deleting the preferences with "defaults delete org.vim.MacVim" works only if I do it every time I start MacVim.

I'm running the newest version of MacVim and Mac OS 10.12.6. I tried moving ~/.vimrc, ~/.gvimrc, and ~/.bashrc. MacVim.app is not duplicated.

Can anybody help? Thanks for your time!

--Doug

Re: vim window misaligned with MacVim window in v8.1.235?

William Smith
sounds like: https://github.com/macvim-dev/macvim/issues/721

Re: vim window misaligned with MacVim window in v8.1.235?

J. Scott Franko
I've got this issue as well, newly with MacVim 8.1.235.  clearing the prefs with default delete, returns the window to its original size, where the window size and the text pane inside are the same size.  if you resize the window larger, and quit MacVim, and open it again, you will get the larger window with the smaller text pane.  if you resize the window at this point, larger or smaller, the pane will grow to window size and remain there through any subsequent resizing. it just initializes incorrectly on startup.  This was not happening in earlier versions.