vim7 snapshots

Mikołaj Machowski
Hello,

Is anywhere information about features/changes introduced by each next
vim7 snapshot?

TIA

Vim-list(s) Users Map: (last change 15 May)
 http://skawina.eu.org/mikolaj/vimlist
CLEWN - http://clewn.sf.net

Re: vim7 snapshots

Yegappan Lakshmanan
Hi,

On 6/22/05, Mikolaj Machowski <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Is anywhere information about features/changes introduced by each next
> vim7 snapshot?

I always do a diff for the todo.txt and version7.txt files between two
snapshots to determine the changes/features that are introduced.
If I want to know more about a particular change or feature, I do a
diff between the changed source files.

You can easily do the above from the online Vim CVS repository:
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/vim/vim7/

- Yegappan

Re: vim7 snapshots

Mikolaj Machowski wrote:

> Is anywhere information about features/changes introduced by each next
> vim7 snapshot?

I'm too lazy to make a specific list...

You can check what items were added to runtime/doc/version7.txt, and
what items disappeared from runtime/doc/todo.txt.

1 49. You find your computer sexier than your girlfriend

Re: vim7 snapshots

Mikołaj Machowski
Dnia pi?tek 24 czerwiec 2005 23:45, Bram Moolenaar napisa?:
> Mikolaj Machowski wrote:
> > Is anywhere information about features/changes introduced by each next
> > vim7 snapshot?
>
> I'm too lazy to make a specific list...
>
> You can check what items were added to runtime/doc/version7.txt, and
> what items disappeared from runtime/doc/todo.txt.

OK. Wanted to know before starting play with cvs diff if there is
something easier :)

m.

Re: vim7 snapshots

Bill McCarthy
On Fri 24-Jun-05 5:14pm -0500, Mikolaj Machowski wrote:

> Dnia piątek 24 czerwiec 2005 23:45, Bram Moolenaar napisał:
>> Mikolaj Machowski wrote:
>> > Is anywhere information about features/changes introduced by each next
>> > vim7 snapshot?
>>
>> I'm too lazy to make a specific list...
>>
>> You can check what items were added to
>> runtime/doc/version7.txt, and
>> what items disappeared from runtime/doc/todo.txt.
>
> OK. Wanted to know before starting play with cvs diff if there is
> something easier :)

There is - at least for tracking the differences to the
.txt files in runtime\doc.

I created a directory called pad\vimdoc which contains
all the .txt files in runtime\doc.  Each time I update
for a new build, I run a one line script (4nt alias)
called 7ds:

7ds=for %i in (c:\vim\vim70aa\runtime\doc\*.txt) ^
    if %@crc32[%i] ne %@crc32[c:\pad\vimdoc\%@filename[%i]] ^
        v -d %i c:\pad\vimdoc\

This creates a vim diff session for each doc file
changed.

As I read through the differences, I use vims normal
'dp' to update the old file and delete old file lines
that aren't in the new file.

When I complete my review, the old and new doc files
are in sync - ready for the next build.

Bill

Re: vim7 snapshots

Mikołaj Machowski
Dnia sobota 25 czerwiec 2005 18:48, napisa?e?:

> There is - at least for tracking the differences to the
> .txt files in runtime\doc.

[cut]

Thanks. I will go with easier version. Just alias (Linux, zsh, one line)

alias vimcvs='cp -af runtime/doc/*.txt doc; cp -f
runtime/doc/version7.txt .;
        export CVSROOT=`cat CVS/Root`;cvs login;cvs update'

After update I will run vimdiff to check differences.

m.