vimdiff: color settings

Hari Kishore A J
Hi,
    My color settings for vi -d (vimdiff) look bad and unreadable.
Where can I change the colors for vimdiff?

thanks,
Kishore

Re: vimdiff: color settings

A.J.Mechelynck
Hari Kishore A J wrote:

> Hi,
>     My color settings for vi -d (vimdiff) look bad and unreadable.
> Where can I change the colors for vimdiff?
>
> thanks,
> Kishore

Method I
--------
Try the color schemes distributed with Vim. Maybe there's one which will
please you. If you have 'wildmenu' on and 'compatible' off,

        :color <Tab>

will replace the bottommost statusline by a menu of colorschemes. Arrow
left or right to select, Enter to accept, Esc to abort.

Method II
---------
Write your own colorscheme, and put it, as a file with any name and the
extension .vim, in $VIM/vimfiles/colors (system-wide, all platforms) or
~/vimfiles/colors (user-private on Windows) or ~/.vim/colors
(user-private on Unix). In any case, use the colors/ subdirectory of a
directory listed before $VIMRUNTIME in the 'runtimepath' option. Create
the directory if it doesn't exist yet.
Look at the existing colorschemes ($VIMRUNTIME/colors/*.vim) for
inspiration.

In either Method I or II
------------------------
See which colours you are currently using by means of the command

        :hi

(without arguments). Invoke your colorscheme by adding the line

        colorscheme foobar

to your vimrc (replace foobar by the colorscheme name).

HTH,

Re: vimdiff: color settings

frank-24
Hari Kishore A J wrote:

>Hi,
>    My color settings for vi -d (vimdiff) look bad and unreadable.
>Where can I change the colors for vimdiff?
>
>thanks,
>Kishore

Mine works fine. You may try this one
colorscheme elflord

Re: vimdiff: color settings

Charles E Campbell Jr
Hari Kishore A J wrote:

>    My color settings for vi -d (vimdiff) look bad and unreadable.
>Where can I change the colors for vimdiff?

You can use

http://vim.sourceforge.net/scripts/script.php?script_id=1081  (hicolors.vim)

to examine your current colors in your current colorscheme; for
example,  you'll
see the words "DiffAdd", "DiffChange",  and "DiffDelete" in your current
colorscheme's
colors.

You can also edit the colors/colorscheme with hicolors.vim .

Regards,
Chip Campbell

Re: vimdiff: color settings

Marian Csontos
You are using console version, try to set background option to dark or
light (depends on your terminal background settings).
see:
:he background

Regards

-- Marian