vimdiff + wrap line alignment

M Kelly
Hi,

If I set wrap on for vimdiff (in all windows) and there is a wrapped line in one window long enough to wrap at least once more than the other window, the lines in the windows are no longer in alignment.  For example, it would seem the "----" line in one window to match the other's new line is only as long as the window width and not as long as the other window's new line ??
Anyone have any suggestion for keeping file lines aligned with wrap on in vimdiff ?

thx as always for everything vim.
-m

Re: vimdiff + wrap line alignment

Bram Moolenaar

> If I set wrap on for vimdiff (in all windows) and there is a wrapped
> line in one window long enough to wrap at least once more than the
> other window, the lines in the windows are no longer in alignment.
> For example, it would seem the "----" line in one window to match the
> other's new line is only as long as the window width and not as long
> as the other window's new line ??
> Anyone have any suggestion for keeping file lines aligned with wrap on
> in vimdiff ?

This is not supported.

Implementing this would require quite a few changes to the code,
implementing filler lines to keep the windows in sync.  It's also not
going to look good.

--
"Thou shalt not follow the Null Pointer, for at its end Chaos and
Madness lie."