vimgrep: not jump to finding result

Woody Wu

Hi,

After vimgrep finished searching, it put findings in a quickfix buffer
and open and jump to the first entry in the finding list.   But since
I like to run vimgrep with a 'noauto' prefix to gain some performance
improvements,  so I if vimgrep open a found file for me, this file
will not get processed by auto-commands in variety of plugins (for
example, if a file is opened in that, i won't get syntax
highlighting).   But, if I manually open found files from the
quicklist, I think the auto-commands get chance to run.

Any idea? Thanks.

    -- Schopenhauer

narke
public key at http://subkeys.pgp.net:11371 ([hidden email])

Re: vimgrep: not jump to finding result

Benjamin Fritz

On Nov 1, 12:25 am, Steven Woody <[hidden email]> wrote:

> After vimgrep finished searching, it put findings in a quickfix buffer
> and open and jump to the first entry in the finding list.

If you read :help :vimgrep or the nice tip we have on the topic
( http://vim.wikia.com/wiki/Find_in_files_within_Vim ) you'll see that
you can simply add the 'j' flag to the end of the vimgrep pattern to
avoid jumping to the first match.

On Wed, Nov 4, 2009 at 12:01 AM, Ben Fritz <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Nov 1, 12:25 am, Steven Woody <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> After vimgrep finished searching, it put findings in a quickfix buffer
>> and open and jump to the first entry in the finding list.
>
> If you read :help :vimgrep or the nice tip we have on the topic
> ( http://vim.wikia.com/wiki/Find_in_files_within_Vim ) you'll see that
> you can simply add the 'j' flag to the end of the vimgrep pattern to
> avoid jumping to the first match.

Thanks for the hint.