vimoutliner oddness - wrapping and indent

vimoutliner oddness - wrapping and indent

Samuel Wright
Guys,

I'm running VO on win XP  and Vim7. All is good, syntax highlighting,
shortcuts, ,,n commands, checkboxes, you name it.

BUT a line break drops me to 0 not current indent level, and body text
does not wrap.

Any thoughts as to what settings might be causing this interference?

Thanks
Sam

Re: vimoutliner oddness - wrapping and indent

Steve Litt
On Monday 26 February 2007 10:31, Samuel Wright wrote:

> Guys,
>
> I'm running VO on win XP  and Vim7. All is good, syntax highlighting,
> shortcuts, ,,n commands, checkboxes, you name it.
>
> BUT a line break drops me to 0 not current indent level, and body text
> does not wrap.
>
> Any thoughts as to what settings might be causing this interference?
>
> Thanks
> Sam

Hi Sam,

I've seen that symptom before, a long time ago, but can't remember the root
cause.

First -- does the filename end with .otl? If not, you need to take special
steps.

Does the symptom change when you do :e!   ? If so, figure out what files.

I just looked stuff up. Body text coloration is controlled
by .vim/syntax/vo_base.vim, but actual body text wrapping and stuff is done
by .vim/ftplugin/vo_base.vim. .vim/ftdetect/vo_base.vim has no reference to
body text.

I'd therefore hypothesize that your problem is in .vim/ftplugin/vo_base.vim,
although of course the root cause could be somewhere else and just
causing .vim/ftplugin/vo_base.vim to fail.

If I had this problem, I'd probably do step 5 of the Universal Troubleshooting
Process: Perform Corrective Maintenance, and simply reinstall VO from
scratch. If that fixes it so be it, if not at least you know it's nothing you
did.

If you absolutely must know the root cause of the problem, skip corrective
maintenance and simply start debugging .vim/ftplugin/vo_base.vim.

HTH

STeveT

Re: vimoutliner oddness - wrapping and indent

Noel Henson
On Monday 26 February 2007 07:31, Samuel Wright wrote:

> Guys,
>
> I'm running VO on win XP  and Vim7. All is good, syntax highlighting,
> shortcuts, ,,n commands, checkboxes, you name it.
>
> BUT a line break drops me to 0 not current indent level, and body text
> does not wrap.
>
> Any thoughts as to what settings might be causing this interference?
>
> Thanks
> Sam

Sam,

Don't forget to turn on auto-indenting.

:he ai

Noel

On Monday 26 February 2007 14:46, Noel Henson wrote:

> On Monday 26 February 2007 07:31, Samuel Wright wrote:
> > Guys,
> >
> > I'm running VO on win XP  and Vim7. All is good, syntax highlighting,
> > shortcuts, ,,n commands, checkboxes, you name it.
> >
> > BUT a line break drops me to 0 not current indent level, and body text
> > does not wrap.
> >
> > Any thoughts as to what settings might be causing this interference?
> >
> > Thanks
> > Sam
>
> Sam,
>
> Don't forget to turn on auto-indenting.
>
> :he ai

Hi Noel,

Shouldn't the vo_* scripts do that for him?

SteveT

On Monday 26 February 2007 12:09, Steve Litt wrote:

> On Monday 26 February 2007 14:46, Noel Henson wrote:
> > On Monday 26 February 2007 07:31, Samuel Wright wrote:
> > > Guys,
> > >
> > > I'm running VO on win XP  and Vim7. All is good, syntax
> > > highlighting, shortcuts, ,,n commands, checkboxes, you name it.
> > >
> > > BUT a line break drops me to 0 not current indent level, and body
> > > text does not wrap.
> > >
> > > Any thoughts as to what settings might be causing this interference?
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > > Sam
> >
> > Sam,
> >
> > Don't forget to turn on auto-indenting.
> >
> > :he ai
>
> Hi Noel,
>
> Shouldn't the vo_* scripts do that for him?
>
> SteveT

Yes; unless it has been turned off in some vim script. This may be either
in .vimoutlinerrc or .vimrc or some other syntax script that may have been
loaded. A simple ":set ai" will tell.

Noel

On Monday 26 February 2007 15:21, Noel Henson wrote:

> On Monday 26 February 2007 12:09, Steve Litt wrote:

> > > Sam,
> > >
> > > Don't forget to turn on auto-indenting.
> > >
> > > :he ai
> >
> > Hi Noel,
> >
> > Shouldn't the vo_* scripts do that for him?
> >
> > SteveT
>
> Yes; unless it has been turned off in some vim script. This may be either
> in .vimoutlinerrc or .vimrc or some other syntax script that may have been
> loaded. A simple ":set ai" will tell.
>
> Noel

Ah Ha!!! It's a diagnostic test. Now I understand.

SteveT