vimperator (firefox extension)

calmar

Hi all,

for those who like to have a firefox (or compatible) with vim-like
keybindings, there is a very nice extension called 'vimperator'.

http://vimperator.mozdev.org/

with bindings like:

http://vimperator.mozdev.org/help.html or :help (in firefox)

Developers, to make it even better, are very welcomed (just in
case)!

Cheers
marco

--
   (o_  It rocks: LINUX + Command-Line-Interface
   //\

Re: vimperator (firefox extension)

Manu Hack

On 7/28/07, calmar <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> for those who like to have a firefox (or compatible) with vim-like
> keybindings, there is a very nice extension called 'vimperator'.
>
> http://vimperator.mozdev.org/
>
> with bindings like:
>
> http://vimperator.mozdev.org/help.html or :help (in firefox)
>
> Developers, to make it even better, are very welcomed (just in
> case)!
>
> Cheers
> marco
>
> --
>    (o_  It rocks: LINUX + Command-Line-Interface
>    //\
>    V_/_                     http://www.calmar.ws

Good stuff.  By the way, what is the equivalent vimrc for that?

Re: vimperator (firefox extension)

calmar

On Sat, Jul 28, 2007 at 01:59:44AM -0400, Manu Hack wrote:
[...]
> > http://vimperator.mozdev.org/

[...]
> what is the equivalent vimrc for that?

~/.vimperatorrc     do you mean that?

Cheers
marco

--
   (o_  It rocks: LINUX + Command-Line-Interface
   //\
   V_/_                     http://www.calmar.ws

Re: vimperator (firefox extension)

Albie Janse van Rensburg

calmar wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> for those who like to have a firefox (or compatible) with vim-like
> keybindings, there is a very nice extension called 'vimperator'.
>
> http://vimperator.mozdev.org/
>
> with bindings like:
>
> http://vimperator.mozdev.org/help.html or :help (in firefox)
>
> Developers, to make it even better, are very welcomed (just in
> case)!
>
> Cheers
> marco

Very nice!

Vimperator doesn't seem to play nicely with my del.icio.us bookmarks
plugin, unfortunately.

I like the shortcutted links effect - it feels like one moves a bit
faster than normal, although that's probably just my imagination ;-)
Other than the del.icio.us hassle, I could really use this!

--

Albie Janse van Rensburg ~ http://morph.telspace.co.za

Please don't send me any MS Word or Powerpoint attachments
unless it's absolutely neccessary - send simply text.

Chance is perhaps the work of God when He did not want to sign.
                -- Anatole France

Re: vimperator (firefox extension)

R Sam

This is excellent. Works great for me on my Firefox2.0 running on
linux.

Thanks for pointing this out.