vimspell - conflicting keys

peter-43
Hi,

today I tried the spell-check-plugin "vimspell".
I have the following Problem:

When I push the keys "\ss", "\sl", "\s...", the editor doesn't execute
the spellcheck command, but it goes to insert mode.

Is the "\s" command already defined by vim itself?

Where can I lookup this command (which help file)?

What is the best way, to change all the Spellcheck commands, so that I
dont have these conflicts anymore?

Thank you,

Peter.

Re: vimspell - conflicting keys

Tim Chase-2
> When I push the keys "\ss", "\sl", "\s...", the editor doesn't execute
> the spellcheck command, but it goes to insert mode.
>
> Is the "\s" command already defined by vim itself?
>
> Where can I lookup this command (which help file)?

Vim itself doesn't use "\s" for anything.  It's possible that
another plugin is using it.  However, to find out what sorts of
things are mapped, check out the results of doing

        :map

Likely in there you'll find that something else has been mapped
to either "\s" or "<leader>s"

It's prob. a plugin that was loaded after your spellcheck plugin.

Re: vimspell - conflicting keys

peter-43
thank you, tim.

the :map command didn't give me a result with "\s".

But now I found out, that after the <LEADER> - Key "\" I have to press
very fast "s".
Else, VIM thinks, I pressed only "s".

Is it possible to make the period a bit longer, before the leader key
disappears?

Peter.

Re: vimspell - conflicting keys

Stefan Karlsson-3
Yes, there is an option called 'timeoutlen' you can use.  Cf. ":h
timeoutlen " for more info.

peter wrote:

> thank you, tim.
>
> the :map command didn't give me a result with "\s".
>
> But now I found out, that after the <LEADER> - Key "\" I have to press
> very fast "s".
> Else, VIM thinks, I pressed only "s".
>
> Is it possible to make the period a bit longer, before the leader key
> disappears?
>
> Peter.

Re: vimspell - conflicting keys

peter-43
Ok,

:set timeoutlen=2000

makes spellchecking for me a lot easier.

Thanks,
Peter.

Re: vimspell - conflicting keys

Stefan Karlsson-3