visual select in Co mode ?

M Kelly
Hi,

My visual selection works great in normal, visual and insert modes, but when I enter command mode via a '/' or ':' then I can no longer select with the mouse the same way.
It seems as tho I am using x selection (ie like shift+mouse) instead of visual selection.
I tried changing imaps to lmaps but no difference.
Is this expected / the way it must be ?

thx,
-m

Re: visual select in Co mode ?

M Kelly
Hi,

What colour would the highlighting be when in command-mode ?
It is not the same as hi Visual setting.

thx,
-m

Re: visual select in Co mode ?

M Kelly
Hi,

To be clear I do not mean the colour of highlighing anything in the command-line.
I mean highlighing other text above the command-line.
Like for example if you were to enter command-mode with a '/' and then use the mouse to highlight some text above to then paste in the command-line.

thx,
-m

Re: visual select in Co mode ?

In command-line mode you can only use modeless selection: indeed at
that time the active cursor is not in any edit window. It works even
in gvim.

See
        :help modeless-selection
        :help modeless-and-clipboard

On Wed, Mar 25, 2020 at 6:08 PM M Kelly <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> My visual selection works great in normal, visual and insert modes, but when I enter command mode via a '/' or ':' then I can no longer select with the mouse the same way.
> It seems as tho I am using x selection (ie like shift+mouse) instead of visual selection.
> I tried changing imaps to lmaps but no difference.
> Is this expected / the way it must be ?
>
> thx,
> -m

> ---

Re: visual select in Co mode ?

M Kelly
Hi,

Thank you Tony.

-m

Re: visual select in Co mode ?

M Kelly
Hi,

I added:

set clipboard^=autoselectml guioptions+=A

and now I can drag/double click and paste to the command-line.

Would be cool if the highlight colour matched visual but no problem :-)

thanks again always for all your great info and help,
-m