vo_maketags unusable

Piotr Gaczkowski
Hi!

I recently came into Vimoutliner and wanted to test it. I apt'd
vim-vimoutliner, but it had some bugs or whatev and contacted Matej for
help. He advised me to use a newer package, based on 0.3.4-beta.

After change most things work, except for two things. One is
vo_maketags. Doesn't work producing sth like this:

vo_maketags todo.otl
Begin processing file /home/doomhammer/todo.otl.
sort: open failed: /home/doomhammer/.vimoutliner/vo_tags.tag: No such
file or directory
rm: cannot remove `/home/doomhammer/vo_tags.tag': No such file or directory

The second is an error I get each time I edit otl file in vim, saying
about redeclaration of MyFoldText at line 323 in vo_base.vim

An last, bot not least, a new issue: Percents don't work.

Anyone willing to help?

Cheers,
Piotr "DoomHammer" Gaczkowski

Re: vo_maketags unusable

Steve Litt
On Friday 10 June 2005 01:59 pm, Piotr Gaczkowski wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I recently came into Vimoutliner and wanted to test it. I apt'd
> vim-vimoutliner, but it had some bugs or whatev and contacted Matej for
> help. He advised me to use a newer package, based on 0.3.4-beta.
>
> After change most things work, except for two things. One is
> vo_maketags. Doesn't work producing sth like this:
>
> vo_maketags todo.otl
> Begin processing file /home/doomhammer/todo.otl.
> sort: open failed: /home/doomhammer/.vimoutliner/vo_tags.tag: No such
> file or directory
> rm: cannot remove `/home/doomhammer/vo_tags.tag': No such file or directory
>
> The second is an error I get each time I edit otl file in vim, saying
> about redeclaration of MyFoldText at line 323 in vo_base.vim
>
> An last, bot not least, a new issue: Percents don't work.
>
> Anyone willing to help?
>
> Cheers,
> Piotr "DoomHammer" Gaczkowski

Piotr,

I'm all jammed up until Monday or Tuesday. If you haven't gotten this resolved
by then, I'll fix it. Also, I think I already fixed this once -- could you do
me a favor and look back through our archives and see if there's already a
fix?

Thanks

SteveT
Steve Litt
Founder and acting president: GoLUG
http://www.golug.org

Re: vo_maketags unusable

Matej Cepl
Steve Litt wrote:
> I'm all jammed up until Monday or Tuesday. If you haven't gotten this
> resolved by then, I'll fix it. Also, I think I already fixed this once --
> could you do me a favor and look back through our archives and see if
> there's already a fix?

What is strange is that to the best of my knowledge Piotr uses already fixed
script (see attached). Piotr, don't you have some previous version of VO
somewhere? Can I ask you for some debugging steps:

1) first of all, what is the result of

which vo_maketags

2) save somewhere the file attached to this message and run

diff -u vo_maketags $(which vo_maketags)

what is the result?

3) And of course, the simple solution to make the script work

mkdir ~/.vimoutliner

Best,

        Matej

--
Matej Cepl, http://www.ceplovi.cz/matej
GPG Finger: 89EF 4BC6 288A BF43 1BAB  25C3 E09F EF25 D964 84AC

vo_maketags (9K) Download Attachment

Re: Re: vo_maketags unusable

Piotr Gaczkowski
Matej Cepl napisaƂ(a):
> Steve Litt wrote:
>
> which vo_maketags

/usr/bin/vo_maketags

> 2) save somewhere the file attached to this message and run
>
> diff -u vo_maketags $(which vo_maketags)

empty

> 3) And of course, the simple solution to make the script work
>
> mkdir ~/.vimoutliner

Already exists.

Any more ideas?

> Best,
>
>         Matej

Doomhammer

Re: Re: vo_maketags unusable

Piotr Gaczkowski
Update:

Checked everything out - vo_maketags seem to work now - it was just my
tagged files, that were wrong :/

Sorry for bothering!

Still, the folding thing remains...