vo2wiki

David J Patrick
so, like, I'm working away on a wiki, and it's, like, WAY simpler that
all that html stuff, but not nearly as fast and brainless as vo. so then
I read a post suggesting vo as xml editor, and it HITS me; vo2wiki !!

vo2wiki --mediawiki
vo2wiki --moinwiki
 etc

create in vo, run throught vo2wiki, and paste into wiki page, voila !
 ... let me know when it's ready

:-)

djp

Re: vo2wiki

Noel Henson
On Thursday 28 July 2005 11:47 am, David J Patrick wrote:

> so, like, I'm working away on a wiki, and it's, like, WAY simpler that
> all that html stuff, but not nearly as fast and brainless as vo. so then
> I read a post suggesting vo as xml editor, and it HITS me; vo2wiki !!
>
> vo2wiki --mediawiki
> vo2wiki --moinwiki
>  etc
>
> create in vo, run throught vo2wiki, and paste into wiki page, voila !
>  ... let me know when it's ready

You can get a good start by using the otl2html.py source or Steve's
Node.pm. It shouldn't be too hard. There are plenty of programmers here to
help you along.

Let me know when you've got a prototype to try. :)

Noel

Re: vo2wiki

Steve Litt
On Thursday 28 July 2005 03:18 pm, Noel Henson wrote:
[clip]
> You can get a good start by using the otl2html.py source or Steve's
> Node.pm.

Or Node.py. It's functionally equivalent to Node.pm except exit routines work
correctly by default. I'd imagine Node.pm or Node.py would make it trivial.

> It shouldn't be too hard. There are plenty of programmers here to
> help you along.

You might want to think about an outline grammar to use. Your goal is to
capture all the information needed for the wiki, but do it easily with
minimum keystrokes.

I'd suggest you briefly read the EMDL web page, as EMDL could be thought of as
otl2menu -- it's really the same thing done for the same reasons.

http://www.troubleshooters.com/projects/emdl

If U need Node.py, I can re-submit it to the list. It's GPL, but hasn't been
as extensively tested as Node.pm, so I haven't put it up on the website as a
project yet.

SteveT

Steve Litt
Founder and acting president: GoLUG
http://www.golug.org

Re: vo2wiki

Samuel Wright
Vaguely on this topic there is a firefox extension to allow you to
edit form fields in Vim.

Can't remember the name off hand, but will look it up if anyone wants to know

On 7/28/05, Steve Litt <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Thursday 28 July 2005 03:18 pm, Noel Henson wrote:
> [clip]
> > You can get a good start by using the otl2html.py source or Steve's
> > Node.pm.
>
> Or Node.py. It's functionally equivalent to Node.pm except exit routines work
> correctly by default. I'd imagine Node.pm or Node.py would make it trivial.
>
> > It shouldn't be too hard. There are plenty of programmers here to
> > help you along.
>
> You might want to think about an outline grammar to use. Your goal is to
> capture all the information needed for the wiki, but do it easily with
> minimum keystrokes.
>
> I'd suggest you briefly read the EMDL web page, as EMDL could be thought of as
> otl2menu -- it's really the same thing done for the same reasons.
>
> http://www.troubleshooters.com/projects/emdl
>
> If U need Node.py, I can re-submit it to the list. It's GPL, but hasn't been
> as extensively tested as Node.pm, so I haven't put it up on the website as a
> project yet.
>
> SteveT
>
> Steve Litt
> Founder and acting president: GoLUG
> http://www.golug.org

Re: vo2wiki

Sven Hartrumpf
On 29 Jul 2005, Samuel Wright wrote:

> Vaguely on this topic there is a firefox extension to allow you to
> edit form fields in Vim.
>
> Can't remember the name off hand, but will look it up if anyone wants to know

Yes, please.
Because the promising Mozex extension is no longer maintained.

Sven