Quantcast

where is my file under c:\windows\

KC Cheng
Hi,

I'm using vim on Windows 7 and found a very odd problem.
For example, under DOS prompt, I can use command:

   vim c:\windows\abc.txt

to edit the file abc.txt.  However,

   dir c:\windows\abc.txt

show me file not found !!!
and I run

   vim c:\windows\abc.txt

again, everything I put in abc.txt is still there !!!???
Does vim use some cache directory ??  What's the problem here ??

Best Regards,
KC

Re: where is my file under c:\windows\

George V. Reilly
On Thu, Apr 27, 2017 at 8:44 PM, KC Cheng <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

I'm using vim on Windows 7 and found a very odd problem.
For example, under DOS prompt, I can use command:

   vim c:\windows\abc.txt

to edit the file abc.txt.  However,

   dir c:\windows\abc.txt

show me file not found !!!
and I run

   vim c:\windows\abc.txt

again, everything I put in abc.txt is still there !!!???
Does vim use some cache directory ??  What's the problem here ??

​Are you running a 32-bit Vim.exe under 64-bit Windows?
This is probably WoW64 File System Redirection.