where is .vimrc on mac?

koadr

hi, i'm new to vim.
does anyone know where .vimrc file could be beside its default
location ~/
I'm on OS X 10.5.2.
I could only find .viminfo there.
I tried Google. didn't help.

cheers!

Re: where is .vimrc on mac?

Nico Weber-3

> hi, i'm new to vim.

Welcome :-)

> does anyone know where .vimrc file could be beside its default
> location ~/

Vim looks for ~/.vimrc and ~/_vimrc. I recommend the latter, because
files whose names start with '.' are not displayed in the Finder.

> I could only find .viminfo there.
> I tried Google. didn't help.

Probably you simply don't have a _vimrc yet. You have to create it
yourself.

Bye,
Nico

ps: Mac-specific questions are best asked on [hidden email]

Re: where is .vimrc on mac?

koadr

Thanks for the reply, Nico. I think i'll create it myself.
:D