writing documents in plain TeX, using vim

writing documents in plain TeX, using vim

tuxic
Hi,

to write documents in plain TeX (no LaTeX) with vim I am looking forward for
plugins and helpers to do so.

I searched the web and found quite a few - but they all supports LaTeX
and to my knowledge don't support plain TeX.

I don't want to "escape out of LaTex" - that is (if possible) write a
LaTeX wrapper and "jail break" from there to use plain TeX.

What plugin/environment is recommended here?

I am using TeXlive on GENTOO Linux.

Cheers!
mcc

Re: writing documents in plain TeX, using vim

Marc Chantreux-3
hello,

> to write documents in plain TeX (no LaTeX) with vim I am looking forward for
> plugins and helpers to do so.

vim comes with those files setting

* syntax highlighting
* format-comments
* [d
* matchit

/usr/share/vim/vim81/syntax/plaintex.vim
/usr/share/vim/vim81/ftplugin/plaintex.vim
/usr/share/vim/vim81/ftplugin/initex.vim

there is also a compiler and an indent file for tex
that can probably be used (at least as source of inspiration).

i would probably start from this and create my own ftplugin/tex.vim
with things like

    set aw mp=pdftex\ %
    inoremap $$ $$<esc>i

regards,
marc

BPJ

Den mån 31 aug. 2020 06:38 <[hidden email]> skrev:
Hi,

to write documents in plain TeX (no LaTeX) with vim I am looking forward for
plugins and helpers to do so.

I searched the web and found quite a few - but they all supports LaTeX
and to my knowledge don't support plain TeX.

I don't want to "escape out of LaTex" - that is (if possible) write a
LaTeX wrapper and "jail break" from there to use plain TeX.

What plugin/environment is recommended here?

I am using TeXlive on GENTOO Linux.

Cheers!
mcc

One thing you might do if you also use/view LaTeX is to set things up so that *.tex files use Vim's bundled plaintex filetype while *.ltx files use the LaTeX filetype. The latter is the case by default I think.