zOS: Screen update problem

Ralf Schandl-3
Hello,

I compiled Vim on zOS (needed some fixes) and now realised some problems
with screen updating. If I switch between files using :bn and :bp the
content of the screen is scrolled on line up and not redrawn correctly.

The content of the command line (":bn") is still visible (in the last
but one line of the screen) and the entire content of the screen is one
line of. After forcing a redraw with C-L everything is fine again.

The attached screenshot shows the problem.

Does anyone have an idea on that or a hint where to start looking?

Btw: I Use Putty to connect to zOS. Might it be an issue with putty
and/or termcap?

Any help or hint appreciated.

Thanks,
        Ralf

screen-update-pbl.gif (4K) Download Attachment

Re: zOS: Screen update problem

Ralf Schandl-3

Ralf Schandl wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I compiled Vim on zOS (needed some fixes) and now realised some problems
> with screen updating. If I switch between files using :bn and :bp the
> content of the screen is scrolled on line up and not redrawn correctly.
>
> The content of the command line (":bn") is still visible (in the last
> but one line of the screen) and the entire content of the screen is one
> line of. After forcing a redraw with C-L everything is fine again.
>
> The attached screenshot shows the problem.
>
> Does anyone have an idea on that or a hint where to start looking?
>
> Btw: I Use Putty to connect to zOS. Might it be an issue with putty
> and/or termcap?
>
> Any help or hint appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>     Ralf